The Real Estate Law Practice Group at McNees Wallace & Nurick delivers sophisticated legal advice to a broad range of clients in virtually all areas relating to commercial real estate law.
Our clients include residential and commercial real estate developers, investors, and lenders; buyers and sellers of real estate; businesses and non-profit entities, such as colleges and universities, with significant real estate components; and commercial lessors and lessees.
Our experienced real estate law team of lawyers, paralegals, and non-legal professionals, including a land use planner, assist and advise our clients on a broad range of projects, including:
- Commercial real estate development such as shopping centers, freestanding retail stores, restaurants, theaters, office buildings, warehouses, and other industrial projects.
- Wireless telecommunications leases.
- Acquisition and disposition of commercial real estate.
- Coordinating real estate transfers within corporate mergers and acquisitions.
- Commercial leasing, including retail, office, industrial, and mixed-use properties.
- Commercial, residential, and mixed-use condominium and planned community developments, including age-restricted communities, traditional neighborhood developments, and communities involving master associations, as well as shopping center and office condominiums.
- Real estate financing, including commercial mortgages, private debt, sale-leaseback, leasehold financing, and real estate issues that may impact the collateral in a financing transaction.
- Storm water management and transportation matters that arise during the land development approval process.
- Land use analysis and approval, including approval of subdivision and land development plans, and obtaining all forms of zoning relief, including variances, special exceptions, and conditional uses.
- Amendments and challenges to land use ordinances.
- Real estate litigation and alternative dispute resolution, including controversies involving zoning and land development issues, lease disputes, and title challenges.
- Land use issues in eminent domain matters, including challenges to condemnations and determinations of just compensation.
- Local regulations of land use in natural gas development and the energy industry.
- Oil and gas title opinions and issues.
- Sales and leases of mineral rights.
- Real estate tax assessment appeals for commercial and investment property owners.
- Real estate brokerage law.
Our goal is to help our clients achieve their objectives at all stages of their real estate transactions through practical, efficient, and timely representation.
The McNees Real Estate Law Group includes members that are frequent speakers, writers, and educational presenters on a variety of real property law issues.
Visit the McNees Real Estate Land Use Blog for insight on current laws and local, state and federal policies and decisions that affect the use and development of land.