David is an attorney in the McNees Real Estate and Public Finance & Government Services Groups.
His areas of focus include commercial real estate development, purchases and sales, leasing transactions and coordinating real estate transfers within corporate mergers and acquisitions. David represents businesses, municipalities and individual clients throughout the entire process of commercial transactions, including negotiation, contract drafting, due diligence and closing. He is also known for advising clients about realty transfer tax, right of way easements, manufactured housing communities and real estate brokerage law.
David is a frequent author and lecturer on real estate title and transactional issues. Before joining McNees, he focused primarily on real estate litigation at another area law firm. He has also worked as a financial advisor for UBS and Merrill Lynch in New York and taught philosophy at Lock Haven University of Pennsylvania, where his work centered on the philosophy of art.
David is from Detroit and lives with his family in Harrisburg.
- Negotiating, Structuring and Preparing Detailed Oil and Gas Title Opinions, in Oil and Gas Title Law A–Z, National Business Institute, June 2014 (65658)
- Buying or Selling Residential Real Estate: Disclosures after Milliken v. Jacono, with James L. Goldsmith, in 17th Annual Real Estate Institute, Pennsylvania Bar Institute, PBI No. 2013-7735, Vol. 1.
- Court hears murder/suicide case
- Act is game changer for oil and gas leases
- Court considers electronic signature requirements for agency contract
- Dating: it’s not just for kids anymore…or: the importance of accurately dating an agreement of sale, with Brett M. Woodburn, in Drafting & Modifying Residential Agreements of Sale, Pennsylvania Bar Institute, PBI No. 2012-7243.
- I fought the HOA and the HOA won
- Landlord not bitten for dog bite
- Marcellus Shale has minor overall impact on property values
- Supreme Court clarifies termination of oil and gas leases
- Deceptive promises trigger personal liability
- Perpetual confusion over commercial commissions
- Realtor® mediation: resolve conflicts and preserve relationships
Hope College, B.A., Philosophy, 1995, magna cum laude
Temple University, M.A., Philosophy, 1999
Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, J.D., 2006, Editor-in-Chief, Cardozo Journal of Conflict Resolution, 2005-2006
Pennsylvania Bar Association
Dauphin County Bar Association
Pennsylvania Rising Stars®, 2019, 2020
U.S. District Court – Middle District of Pennsylvania