Anne E. Zerbe is a Member of the McNees Labor & Employment Practice Group. Anne, who has successfully defended business clients in county, state and federal courts for more than 20 years, focuses her practice on prevention of employment liability, defending against employment claims and assisting clients with compliance issues concerning the multitude of employment laws and regulations governing employers. She also counsels employers, practice groups and health care providers on employment law compliance, risk management and HIPAA compliance. Additionally, she serves as special counsel for investigations and is a trusted resource to handle executive terminations.
Anne is a certified Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) and has been a featured speaker regarding various employment law topics for the Pennsylvania Chamber of Business and Industry, the Pennsylvania State Counsel of SHRM, the Pennsylvania Bar Institute, the Employee Relations Council, the York Society of Human Resources Managers, the Physicians’ Office Management Association of York, the York Society of Human Resources and Quest Behavioral Health EAP.
Anne served on the Board of Directors for Ronald McDonald House Charities® of Central Pennsylvania and the Children’s Home of York and serves on the Board of Directors for the York County Bar Association. She also volunteers as a member of the Endowment Committee for Advent Lutheran Church.
Dickinson School of Law of the Pennsylvania State University, J.D.
Wittenberg University, 1993, B.A.
Pennsylvania Super Lawyers, 2019-present
Best 50 Women in Business, 2008
Central Penn Business Journal, Forty Under 40, 2009
Central Penn Business Journal, Women of Influence, 2015
Included on the list of 2017 & 2018 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers
- Retained to review litigation strategy in advance of imminent trial. Successfully resolved employment contract litigation on behalf of specialty practice plaintiff and negotiated dismissal of counterclaim by former physician.
- Successfully addressed disruptive physician and provider issues, drafted physician and provider code of conduct, behavioral expectation policies and last chance agreements for health care practices for both physician and mid-level providers.
- Counseling clients concerning COVID-19 employment issues, including ADA accommodations and implications of reduced business hours on professional employment agreements.
- Trained managers and providers on employment risk management practices, including but not limited to prevention of sexual harassment and appropriate documentation of workplace issues.
- Successfully litigated case of first impression (holding that patient referral sources are a protected business interest of health care providers) on behalf of maternal fetal medicine specialist to join central Pennsylvania health system in order to establish high-risk pregnancy practice and narrowed overly-broad restrictive covenant. WellSpan v. Bayliss, 869 A.2d 990 (Pa. Super 2005).
- Successfully litigated case on behalf of interventional radiologist to provide comprehensive radiology services to Central Pennsylvania health system in the face of an overly-broad restrictive covenant of private physician group.
- Featured and frequent presenter for human resource and medical office manager professional associations regarding health care employment law issues.
- Served as the first legal intern in the Office of Risk Management under Carol Runyan Price, J.D. at the Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
- Served as President of Federally Qualified Health Center.
York County Bar Association, President
Advent Lutheran Church, Endowment Committee Member
Albright Care Services, former member of the Board of Trustees
Cultural Alliance, former member of the Board of Directors, Marquis Society Council
Ronald McDonald House Charities® of Central Pennsylvania, former member of the Board of Directors
Children’s Home of York, former member of the Board of Directors
Family First Health, former President and member of the Board of Directors, 2008- 2012
PA Supreme Court
U.S. Supreme Court
U.S. Court of Appeals
U.S. District Court, Middle District of PA
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of PA
June 10, 2021 - 30th Annual Labor & Employment Seminar
October 16, 2020 - Politics in the Workplace
October 19, 2020 - Central Keystone Valley HR Professionals’ 2020 Labor & Employment Law Conference
September 11, 2020 - Politics in the Workplacee: It’s Not Just about Elections Anymore
April 15, 2020 - Employment and HR (Benefits, compensation, HIPAA), Medical leave
June 4, 2020 - POSTPONED until 2021 - 30th Annual Labor & Employment Seminar
May 2, 2019 - Employment Law Update
April 23, 2019 - Practical Application of the ADA and FMLA