Two McNees Public Finance Attorneys Presenting ARPA Expenditures Workshop
April 13, 2022
HARRISBURG, Pa. — McNees Wallace & Nurick Public Finance Attorneys Timothy J. Horstmann and Ryan T. Gonder will address the federal government’s potential audit of funds distributed to municipalities through the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 at a conference for Pennsylvania township professionals in April.
During their workshop, Horstmann and Gonder will discuss:
- ARPA’s historic allocation of approximately $350 billion in state and local government aid in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The United States Department of the Treasury’s implementation of the Act through the publication of its Interim Final Rule and Final Rule, with emphasis on the permitted expenditures of funds received through the program.
- The respective roles and responsibilities the auditor and municipality have while conducting the audit.
- Answers to questions that typically arise when undergoing single audits: the frequency of the audit, what happens when the municipality does not comply and whether results are public, among others.
- Recommended best practices to implement as well as the real-world application of the single audit from similar federal funding, including how the single audit applies to the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act.
What: Pennsylvania State Association of Township Supervisor’s Annual Conference: “Preparing for an Audit of ARPA Expenditures: What to Do Now” Presentation
Who: McNees’ Timothy J. Horstmann and Ryan T. Gonder, both members of the Public Finance & Government Services Group
When: Tuesday, April 26, 2022 from 4:15 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Where: Crystal A Room, The Hershey Lodge (325 University Drive, Hershey, PA 17033)
To learn more and register, click here.
McNees is a full-service law firm with more than 130 attorneys representing corporations, associations, institutions and individuals. The firm serves clients worldwide from offices in Devon, Harrisburg, Lancaster, Pittsburgh, Scranton, State College and York, Pa.; Columbus, Ohio; Frederick, Md.; and Washington, D.C. McNees is also a member of the ALFA International Global Legal Network.