McNees’ Real Estate Practice Group assists clients in managing all aspects of their real property assets. Sometimes management of those assets includes litigation or arbitration over the rights and obligations associated with the real property. McNees has an experienced team of talented litigators to handle these issues and is uniquely positioned to assist its clients when disputes concerning real estate head to court or arbitration.
Our attorneys have handled many types of real estate related disputes, including:
- title and ownership disputes, including quiet title claims, boundary disputes, and adverse possession claims
- land use appeals concerning zoning, subdivision and land development approvals on behalf of developers and property owners
- challenges to the procedural and substantive validity of municipal land use ordinances
- disputes concerning purchase and sale agreements, leases, option agreements, and easement agreements
- eminent domain proceedings, for both condemnors and condemnees, including both authority challenges and compensation proceedings
- partition actions
- oil and gas ownership rights, including issues concerning subsurface estates, leasing agreements, and agreements of sale
- landlord tenant disputes, ranging from eviction proceedings to complex lease interpretation issues, on behalf of landlords and commercial tenants
- disputes concerning condominium and planned community documents and the obligations of declarants, unit owners and unit owner associations
- claims concerning the obligations of real estate brokers, including proceedings before state regulatory and ethics agencies
- home warranty litigation on behalf of builders and developers
- disputes relating to water rights
McNees handles these disputes for all types of clients, from Fortune 500 Companies to individual. McNees uses its industry experience and connections including relationships with appraisers, engineers, property managers, community officials, and other experts to provide thorough and effective representation in these matters. McNees has litigated these issues across the Commonwealth in both state and federal courts and before arbitrators.