Benjamin Ward practices in the McNees Corporate & Tax, Mergers & Acquisitions and Automotive Dealer Practice Groups. His practice includes working with businesses through all phases of a transaction – whether a sale, acquisition, or other strategic venture – from negotiation and due diligence to the deal’s ultimate closing. While Ben has experience working with clients in a vast array of industries including automotive, healthcare, insurance, and other technologies, his intuition of efficiently identifying issues and solutions translates to any type of business. In addition to “deal work,” Ben routinely advises clients on general corporate matters such as entity formation, commercial contracting and other governance issues.
What does Ben do for Clients?
While Ben has experience assisting with clients in all aspects of corporate law such as entity formation and general corporate governance, his primary focus is on advising both Buyers and Sellers through an M&A transaction. Ben immerses himself in the transaction for the client and successfully leads transactions to closing. Through this process, Ben will generally provide the following services:
- Reviewing, analyzing and providing thorough advice on due diligence matters, such as reviewing the key terms of a commercial contract in the context of the transaction or identifying and resolving third-party issues that will need to be addressed.
- Negotiating, drafting and revising the ultimate purchase agreement and related disclosure schedules and working with the client to ensure that both key business and legal provisions are addressed to the client’s specific needs. This service typically entails numerous calls with the client to discuss payment terms, representations and warranties, and indemnification considerations, among other items.
- Organizing and managing the various moving parts and facets of a transaction so that all parties are working towards the common goal of closing. This service includes the preparation and maintenance of a detailed closing checklist, working with third-parties who have an interest in the transaction (such as lenders or key commercial vendors and customers) to satisfy their concerns, and generally maintaining deal momentum by responding quickly to issues that arise and efficiently providing solutions.
How does Ben spend his free time?
During the summer, odds are you will find Ben playing golf with his parents, brother, or friends. Outside of the summer, Ben is likely glued to the TV cheering on his beloved Kentucky Wildcats in whatever sport is in season.
University of Kentucky, magna cum laude, B.B.A.
Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law, cum laude, J.D.
- Negotiated, drafted transaction documents and managed and conducted sell-side due diligence for a telecommunications consulting and engineering company in a sale of its equity interests to a publicly-traded foreign financial services company.
- Routinely represent private-equity backed operating entities in roll-up acquisitions of various purchase structures, including asset purchases, equity purchases, and rollover consideration transactions.
- Drafted transaction documents and managed and conducted sell-side due diligence for a technology-based government contractor in a sale of its equity interests to a private equity firm which included an F-Reorganization of the entity.
Dauphin County Bar Association
Keystone Mergers & Acquisitions Council